In March 2020 Scaled Agile Inc. began to allow the delivery of certified SAFe training online on an exception based to support businesses impacted by COVID-19. In August 2020, they further modified the remote SAFe Training policy to allow all Scaled Agile Partners to offer live online SAFe Training in a public and private setting indefinitely.
Pretty Agile moved all of its SAFe training and consulting online in March 2020. We anticipate that all our SAFe training will continue to be delivered delivered remotely until such time as the Australia Federal Government lifts the 1.5 m physical distancing restriction.
How does Online SAFe Training from Pretty Agile work?
All our online SAFe training classes are delivered by two SPC/Ts. You will find most providers use one trainer for all classes except Leading SAFe and Implementing SAFe where Scaled Agile Inc. requires two. At Pretty Agile we know that two trainers provides a better learning experience so we make this investment for every class.
Our average online SAFe training course has 9 to 12 participants. We have minimum of 6 and a maximum of 18 as we have found this to be optimal for delivery of remote SAFe training. We set up class activities in way that enables all participants to interact with each other over the course of the class.
What do people say about Pretty Agile’s Online SAFe Training?
You will need a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam and internet access.
We used Zoom as the audio visual backbone of our virtual training. You will need a Zoom account. (You can sign up for a free Zoom account if you dont already have one. ) While Zoom is accessible through a web browser we recommend installing the client on your computer for better stability. We ask students to register for the call in advance, to help us keep those Zoom-bombers at bay!
We use Slack for chat instead of Zoom chat. The allows us to build in redundancy in the unlikely case of a Zoom outage. Slack also has the advantage of being persistent post the class. We keep the Slack workspace live so you can continue to chat with your classmates and access the many resources shared during the course.
We will provide you with a link so that you can create a free Slack login. Even if you have an existing account, Slack requires you to set up your login for each workspace independently. We also recommend installing the client on your computer rather than using the web version.
Mural is our online collaboration tool. This is web based so no installation required. You will not need a login either as we will provide you with visitor access to the specific Murals spaces you will need for the course. Post the class you will receive copies of all the class Murals for your reference.
We hold a one hour “tech check” call the day before the class to shake out any technical challenges.
Timing and Breaks
Our classes run 9am to 6pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT). There is a 10 minute break at the top of every hour and a 45 minute meal break at 1pm AEDT. We leave the Zoom call open during all breaks so folks can chat as they would in a physical classroom.
As classes are online you can attend from anywhere in the world. So far we have had participants join our online classes from all over Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, South Korea, China, Taiwan, India and Germany!
What is included with our Online SAFe Training?
Scaled Agile Standard Inclusions
As with all SAFe training you will receive:
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- E-learning courses to help you prepare for the class:
- Agile Basics
- What is SAFe for Lean Enterprises
- SAFe Foundations: Core Values
- SAFe Foundations: Lean-Agile Mindset
- SAFe Foundations: Lean-Agile Principles
- Access to the certification exam (at no additional cost) for those who attend the entire class.
Pretty Agile Extras for Online SAFe Training
In addition to the standard inclusion from Scaled Agile Inc, Pretty Agile will post out a care package with the following goodies:
- Physical Course Workbook
- SAFe Big Picture and Implementation Roadmap handouts
- Fun Pretty Agile swag including a certification laptop sticker, a Sharpie, Planning Poker Cards, a stress ball and hand sanitiser!
- For Leadings SAFe, SAFe Scrum Master, SAFe Advanced Scrum Master and SAFe for Architects courses you will receive a complimentary copy of Tribal Unity by Em Campbell-Pretty
- For Implementing SAFe and SAFe Release Train Engineer classes you will receive both a complimentary copy of Tribal Unity by Em Campbell-Pretty and a complimentary copy The ART of Avoiding a Train Wreck by Em Campbell-Pretty & Adrienne L. Wilson
If you still have questions about our online training offerings please contact us. Otherwise you can find our list of upcoming live online public SAFe classes and registration links here: https://prettyagile.com/public-training-schedule/
We look forward to seeing you online sometime soon.