Delivering value through effective Program Increment execution
During this two-day SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager training course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments. Participants that complete the course will be eligible to sit the SAFe POPM certification exam.
Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions in Australia all Pretty Agile SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager classes are being delivered live online. You can learn about our approach to remote SAFe training here.
Upcoming SAFe POPM Certification Events
|Live Online AEDT||Thu, 04 Feb 2021||Fri, 05 Feb 2021||Melissa Hay,|
|Early Bird Pricing ends 4th January 20201|
Registration includes POPM exam fee.
All prices in Australian Dollars (AUD).
|Live Online AEST||Thu, 13 May 2021||Fri, 14 May 2021||Melissa Hay,|
|Early bird pricing ends 12th April.|
Registration fee includes POPM exam.
All prices in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Why choose SAFe training from Pretty Agile?
Our trainers are all experienced real world practitioners who have been working with SAFe full time since at least 2014 . In a Pretty Agile SAFe class we go beyond the standard slides by sharing our wide and varied implementation experience. Our team prides itself on delivering classes full of practical takeaways. Should you wish to continue your SAFe journey post the class, the team at Pretty Agile is able to support your organisation as an implementation partner.
What is included?
- Course workbook (physical & digital)
- SAFe Big Picture and Implementation Roadmap handouts
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe POPM exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- E-learning courses to help you prepare for the class
- Fun Pretty Agile swag including a SAFe POPM laptop sticker, a Sharpie, Planning Poker Cards, a stress ball and hand sanitiser!
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
For Live Online SAFe Product Owner classes you will receive a Digital Workbook. The physical workbook will be posted to you. All Pretty Agile Online classes are delivered by two deeply experiences SPC/Ts.
Who will benefit?
- Product Owners, Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, and members of the LACE
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
If you are not sure if this class is right for you check out our guide on Choosing a SAFe Certification.
SAFe POPM Certification Prerequisites
There are no mandatory prerequisites for the SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification, however, this class does assume participants have an understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework.
The following prerequisites are highly recommended :
- Attend a Leading SAFe course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
- Articulate the SAFe Product Owner and SAFe Product Manager roles
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the POPM roles
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories
- Manage Program and Team backlogs
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Becoming a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager in the SAFe enterprise
- Preparing forPI Planning
- Leading PI Planning
- Executing Iterations
- Executing the Program Increment
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Certified SAFe professionals may be eligible to apply for Scrum Education Units (SEUs) toward earning or renewing a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) designation through the Scrum Alliance. Please confirm requirements with Scrum Alliance’s SEU policy before submitting units for credit.