Optimising Your Value Stream
To compete in a disruptive global market, every organisation needs to deliver valuable technology solutions at the speed of business. This requires a shared DevOps mindset among all the people needed to define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven systems—not just the engineers operating a CI/CD pipeline. Join a SAFe DevOps class and validate you learning by earning your SDP certification.
The two-day, interactive course helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimise their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a continuous delivery pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organisation.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions in Australia all Pretty Agile SAFe DevOps classes are being delivered live online. You can learn about our approach to remote SAFe training here.
|Live Online AEST||Thu, 03 Jun 2021||Fri, 04 Jun 2021||Melissa Hay,||Registration includes SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam fee.|
All prices in Australian Dollars (AUD).
|Live Online AEDT||Thu, 25 Nov 2021||Fri, 26 Nov 2021||Claire Sanders,|
|Early bird pricing ends on 24 October.|
Registration includes SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam fee.
All prices in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Why choose SAFe training from Pretty Agile?
Our trainers are experienced real-world practitioners who have been working with SAFe full time since at least 2014. Pretty Agile is the only Scaled Agile Partner that guarantees your SAFe training will be delivered by a minimum of two deeply experienced SAFe trainers. In a Pretty Agile SAFe class, we go beyond the standard slides by sharing our wide and varied implementation experience. Our team prides itself on delivering classes that are full of practical takeaways. Should you wish to continue your SAFe journey post the class, the team at Pretty Agile is able to support your organisation as an implementation partner.
Registration for the SAFe DevOps class includes:
- Course workbook (physical & digital)
- SAFe Big Picture and Implementation Roadmap handouts
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe DevOps Practitioner exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- E-learning courses to help you prepare for the class:
- Agile Basics
- What is SAFe for Lean Enterprises
- SAFe Foundations: Core Values
- SAFe Foundations: Lean-Agile Mindset
- SAFe Foundations: Lean-Agile Principles
- Fun Pretty Agile swag including a SDP certification laptop sticker, a Sharpie, Planning Poker Cards, a stress ball and hand sanitiser!
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
For Live Online SAFe DevOps classes you will receive a Digital Workbook and the physical workbook will be posted to you. All Pretty Agile Online classes are delivered by two SPC/Ts.
Who will benefit?
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
To perform the role of a SAFe DevOps Practitioner and earn the SDP certification, you should be able to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value-stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end- to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritise DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organisation
- Work with all roles and levels in the organisation to continually optimise the value stream
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
- Becoming a certified SAFe DevOps Practitioner
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Certified SAFe professionals may be eligible to apply for Scrum Education Units (SEUs) toward earning or renewing a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) designation through the Scrum Alliance under Category C: Outside Events. Please confirm requirements with Scrum Alliance’s SEU policy before submitting units for credit.