Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean Enterprise by becoming a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM).
During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
|Live Online||Wed, 13 May 2020||Thu, 14 May 2020||Melissa Hay,|
|Early bird pricing ends on 30th 15th April 2020.|
Registration includes POPM exam fee.
Why choose SAFe training from Pretty Agile?
Our trainers are all experienced real world practitioners who have been working with SAFe full time since 2012, 2013 or 2014 . In a Pretty Agile SAFe class we go beyond the standard slides by sharing our wide and varied implementation experience. Our team prides itself on delivering classes full of practical takeaways. Should you wish to continue your SAFe journey post the class, the team at Pretty Agile is able to support your organisation as an implementation partner.
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories
- Manage Program and Team backlogs
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Becoming a Product Owner/Product Manager in the SAFe enterprise
- Preparing forPI Planning
- Leading PI Planning
- Executing Iterations
- Executing the Program Increment
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Catering – Morning tea, Lunch & Afternoon Tea
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who will benefit?
- Product Owners, Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, and members of the LACE
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for up to 24 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.