Build the skills needed to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams—by taking a SAFe for Teams class and earning your SAFe Practitioner certification.
During this two-day SAFe fore Teams course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what you can do to effectively perform the role using Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming (XP). You will also learn how to write stories and break down features, plan and execute iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, you’ll learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program, and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
Upcoming SAFe for Teams Events
|No recent upcoming events, please check again soon.|
Why choose SAFe training from Pretty Agile?
Our trainers are all experienced real world practitioners who have been working with SAFe full time since at least 2014 . In a Pretty Agile SAFe class we go beyond the standard slides by sharing our wide and varied implementation experience. Our team prides itself on delivering classes full of practical takeaways. Should you wish to continue your SAFe journey post the class, the team at Pretty Agile is able to support your organisation as an implementation partner.
What is included with SAFe for Teams?
Class registration includes:
- Course workbook (physical & digital)
- SAFe Big Picture and Implementation Roadmap handouts
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe Practitioner exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Fun Pretty Agile swag including a SPC certification laptop sticker, a Sharpie, Planning Poker Cards, a stress ball and hand sanitiser!
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
For Live Online SAFe for Teams classes you will receive a Digital Workbook. The physical workbook and Pretty Agile swag will be posted to you. All Pretty Agile Online classes are delivered by two deeply experiences SPC/Ts.
Who will benefit from SAFe for Teams?
- Team members who apply Lean and Agile at scale
- All members of an Agile Release Train preparing for launch
If you are not sure if this class is right for you check out our blog post: How to choose a SAFe Certification.
SAFe Practitioner Prerequisites
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe Practitioner certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
SAFe Practitioner Learning Goals
To perform the role of a SAFe Practitioner, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in their enterprise
- Know their team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan Iterations
- Execute Iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
Topics Covered in SAFe for Teams
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Building an Agile Team
- Planning the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Program Increment
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Practitioner
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Certified SAFe professionals may be eligible to apply for Scrum Education Units (SEUs) toward earning or renewing a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) designation through the Scrum Alliance under Category C: Outside Events. Please confirm requirements with Scrum Alliance’s SEU policy before submitting units for credit.