Leading SAFe 5.1 including SAFe Agilist certification – Online
January 13, 2022 @ 9:00 am - January 14, 2022 @ 6:00 pm$1075
During this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will discuss the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they become a SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA).
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA),
Executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean|Agile change initiative in the larger software enterprise. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
Note: Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam
All attendees at Pretty Agile Leading SAFe classes receive a complimentary copy of Tribal Unity by Em Campbell-Pretty.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the five competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking Manager-Teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams and trains by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
1. Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
2. Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
3. Establishing Team and Technical Agility
4. Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
5. Releasing on Demand with DevOps
6. Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
7. Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
8. Leading the transformation
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.