The introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices into software engineering has sparked new skills and approaches that help organizations deliver higher-quality, software-centric solutions faster and more predictably.
This three-day, workshop-oriented course explores foundational principles and practices and how continuous flow of value delivery and built-in quality are enabled by XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD). Attendees will learn proven practices to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline, as well as the practices that build quality into code and designs. Attendees will also explore how software engineering fits into the larger solution context and understand their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
|Live Online AEST||Tue, 22 Sep 2020||Thu, 24 Sep 2020||Adrienne Wilson,|
|Registration includes ASE exam fee.|
All prices in Australian Dollars (AUD).$1995.00
Why choose SAFe training from Pretty Agile?
Our trainers are all experienced real world practitioners who have been working with SAFe full time since at least 2014 . In a Pretty Agile SAFe class we go beyond the standard slides by sharing our wide and varied implementation experience. Our team prides itself on delivering classes full of practical takeaways. Should you wish to continue your SAFe journey post the class, the team at Pretty Agile is able to support your organisation as an implementation partner.
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Create shared understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicate with Agile modeling
- Design from context for testability
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Utilize the test infrastructure for automated testing
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Apply Lean-Agile principles to optimize the flow of value
- Create an Agile Software Engineering plan
- Introduction to Agile Software Engineering
- Connecting Principles and Practices to Built-In Quality
- Accelerating Flow
- Applying Intentional Architecture
- Thinking Test-First
- Discovering Story Details
- Creating a Shared Understanding with Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicating with Models
- Building Systems with Code Quality
- Building Systems with Design Quality
- Implementing with Quality
What is included?
- Course workbook (physical & digital)
- SAFe Big Picture and Implementation Roadmap handouts
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe Agile Software Engineer exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- E-learning courses to help you prepare for the class:
- Agile Basics
- What is SAFe for Lean Enterprises
- SAFe Foundations: Core Values
- SAFe Foundations: Lean-Agile Mindset
- SAFe Foundations: Lean-Agile Principles
- Fun Pretty Agile swag including an ASE certification laptop sticker, a Sharpie, Planning Poker Cards, a stress ball and hand sanitiser!
Attendees must attend all three days of the course to be eligible to take the SAFe Agile Software Engineer exam.
For Live Online SAFe Agile Software Engineering classes the physical workbook will be posted to you. All Pretty Agile Online classes are delivered by two deeply experiences SPC/Ts.
Who will benefit?
This course is for the technical members of an Agile Team—developers and testers. Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Managers, and others with a less-technical background would also benefit and gain an understanding of the development process for more effective team collaboration.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Certified SAFe professionals may be eligible to apply for Scrum Education Units (SEUs) toward earning or renewing a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) designation through the Scrum Alliance. Please confirm requirements with Scrum Alliance’s SEU policy before submitting units for credit.