Prepare to step into a SAFe leadership role— and learn how to facilitate Agile team, program, and enterprise success—by becoming a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe implementation. Explore facilitation of cross- team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. Expand the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices, the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value, and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders. Learn actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explore practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
|Live Online||Mon, 27 Jul 2020||Tue, 28 Jul 2020||Adrienne Wilson,|
|Early bird pricing ends 30 June 2020.|
Registration includes SASM exam fee.
All prices in Australian Dollars.
Why choose SAFe training from Pretty Agile?
Our trainers are all experienced real world practitioners who have been working with SAFe full time since 2012, 2013 or 2014 . In a Pretty Agile SAFe class we go beyond the standard slides by sharing our wide and varied implementation experience. Our team prides itself on delivering classes full of practical takeaways. Should you wish to continue your SAFe journey post the class, the team at Pretty Agile is able to support your organisation as an implementation partner.
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban and Extreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in communities of practice and innovation cycles
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
What is included?
- Course workbook (physical & digital)
- SAFe Big Picture and Implementation Roadmap handouts
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- A copy of Tribal Unity by Em Campbell-Pretty
- Fun Pretty Agile swag including a Sharpie, Planning Poker Cards, a stress ball and hand sanitiser!
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
For Live Online classes the physical workbook and your copy of Tribal Unity will be posted to you. All Pretty Agile Online classes are delivered by two deeply experiences SPC/Ts.
Who will benefit?
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who are responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective Release Train Engineers
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Certified SAFe professionals may be eligible to apply for Scrum Education Units (SEUs) toward earning or renewing a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) designation through the Scrum Alliance. Please confirm requirements with Scrum Alliance’s SEU policy before submitting units for credit.